Friday, August 13, 2021

the heat is on...

excuse me while I schvitz...another heatwave...wildfires across the globe of epic proportion...tempers on both sides of the vaccine war...political careers aflame...how to cool off...not the ocean waters of Long Island...Jaws-back with a vengeance...such is the summer of 2021...the second year in this decade of our world afire...so how to avoid the rabbit hole of despair...we skirt it every day...and when I reach for the pen or keyboard...and feel nothing...I know I am dangerously close to becoming Alice floating away...I started this blog nine years ago...and much has happened...and not happened...kind of like "breaking news" having a lovechild with "Seinfeld"...and there have been attacks of writer's block...the thoughts don't always coalesce...even if the feelings do...but lately the heat...or life as we know it...is sapping my creative mojo...and this raises my ire...and so this half-assed blogpost...it's my mojo on the offensive...trying to reclaim inner strength...energy...and resistance to all that is swirling around us...that which can fry our health...and that which incinerates our spirit...so I try...a poem here...a letter to the editor there...and pushing this blog uphill...one post at a time...through twenty-first century hell...there's always a little heaven when this writer hits "publish"...

No comments:

Post a Comment