Monday, February 1, 2021

Shadow dancing...

 tomorrow the length of winter is determined by a groundhog...yes, in the twenty-first century, we seek scientific advice from rodents...Punxsutawney Phil...Malverne Mel...Staten Island Chuck (who really should be called Staten Island Sal who goes to Denino's after for two slices)...tomorrow the rodents will be laughing from Pennsylvania to New York...and all along the Northeast corridor...the joke is on us...winter is back after last year's sabbatical and with a vengeance...but what I want to know...what's gonna happen in March when we hit the one-year mark from last year's quarantine...when they take Wuhan Willy - an ugly ass bat - and hold him in the sun?...will we get sprung loose...or endure six more months of quarantine...these are the things that float in my head...scary, huh?...because after almost a year of living in this painful alternative universe...this is what happens...I am like a lab rat...a rodent...a groundhog...subjected to a haphazard study of the effects of social distancing on the brain...when they take me out and hold me up tomorrow...will I see my shadow...or not?...it won't matter...me, I'm just waiting on Wuhan Willy...

No comments:

Post a Comment