Friday, April 10, 2015

just keep swimming...

so last week i was shopping for a new swimsuit...a florida vacation in a few weeks...my favorite black go-to swimsuit ruined by chlorine and other mysterious chemicals during pool pt...i know...many of you are twitching in sympathy already...after a long and brutal winter...for me lots of idle, inactive time in a sling...and then ice...snow...indoors...cookies...pinot noir...and now...my thighs and ass are getting their own zip code...so, there i was going through racks of swimsuits...picked a few which did not make me think "hideous" instantly...and did the death march into the fitting room...three-way mirrors...yellow lighting...pasty white skin...omg, i thought...why not just give me a gun with the fitting room ticket...and then an old expression came to mind...if you can't lose it, tan it...and i swore, as i tried on one after the other...i swore to the beach gods to be faithful to the diet i had lamely started...and also vowed to keep my sunhat on at the beach...you know to protect from those uv rays...and also to hide...in case i should run into any size 4 skinny bitches from my past while sipping my exotic glass of water...gazing at the ocean...dreaming of winter and its excess washing away in the waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment