Thursday, February 8, 2018

one flu over the cuckoo's nest...

but February made me shiver...no, it really made me shiver...last week, Michael called me from work and said, casually, between the "hold on" and "what's for dinner?", that his throat hurt...I thought...hmmm...when he came through the door, I thought somewhere deep inside...oh, shit...dry cough, fever...next day he went to the doctor...came home and said the ugliest word in the English language...flu...he was banned to the bedroom...I ran around with Lysol, wipes, and did laundry like a crazy person...but two days later, coughing like Mimi in "La Boheme" I made a pilgrimage to the Urgent Care...bronchitis...within days Lauren was down for the count...my life has consisted of doling out meds...which are hard to come by...every pharmacy is out or running low...I've noticed a little panic in the eyes of pharmacists...flu...it seems to be the only story on the news...which is what I've been told...I haven't made the eleven o'clock news in days...too tired to stay awake or give a shit...too depressing...all these meds make for restless sleep...and crazy dreams...like I swear that I heard about 45 asking for parades...and tanks...and adoration...and I drifted back to sleep...where I see money being tossed out of windows...windows of a very big white house...I think the street address is Pennsylvania-something...but the money never reaches the ground...where there are many homeless men...veterans...but back at the windows everyone is eating Napoleons...and the music is blaring...it is catchy...very Broadway...this should be a hit, I think...Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane are crooning me to sleep in top hats and tux...ah yes, "Springtime for Hitler"...but, it's all a medicinal dream, right?...gotta go read those Tamiflu side effects again...

No comments:

Post a Comment