Monday, November 20, 2017

c'mon, get happy!

by the time you read this, David Cassidy may be dead...or clinging to life...or playing at the Paramount...I give up...after another, what I dub, "Tom Petty twit fest"...it's hard to know what the truth is...but in this case...he actually is gravely ill...a teen idol...my teen idol...facing his final curtain...recent disclosures of dementia following all those years of the hard knocks bestowed on our fallen idols...and it is sad...the news was a hit to that younger me buried deep...and I think about all this while pushing the shopping cart past turkeys, and pumpkin pies...Thanksgiving calls...and I just think sometimes that 2018 cannot come fast enough...the storms...the shootings...musicians passing...the tweet storm raining on us every day...makes me want to sit cross-legged on the floor in front of the TV on Thanksgiving morning...watch the parade...the floats...the balloons...the kids smiling in delight...the Rockettes...even Santa...just let it wash over me like it did...in black and white...so many decades ago...back then when the parade was over...I'd put on tights and my patent leather mary janes...slip on a dress...adjust my barrettes...and greet the day with a smile...this year I'm digging deep...gonna wade through the gloomy waters...and smile in thanks...Happy Turkey day, all...and Mr. Cassidy...wishing you a gentle journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment