Monday, June 18, 2012

Martha, my dear....

Ah...sir paul turns 70 today...if i close my eyes i am a wide-eyed (and much blonder) 5-year-old clutching a beatles album....the requisite crush on paul (it wouldn't occur to me until i was older that john was the "hotter" beatle...but i digress)...when he married for the third time, this time to a jewish long island woman my age, i had to think...damn, so close....but although paul's songs dance in my head today, that is not why today's blog is titled "martha, my dear"...it is more than 6 weeks since we moved into our rental, as our new condo gets closer to completion...the building we are in is one of the first completed in the development and only offers cablevision...and so after so many years since my "divorce" with cablevision (our irreconcilable differences caused by their use of the term "customer service" - truly an oxymoron) we are reunited...we have a spanking new phone number, which we can take with us to our new place in a few weeks...and that is where martha appears....we all know phone numbers are recycled...for all the issues you can have with verizon, for my 50+ years this was a non-issue...oh, cablevision...maybe you should stick with one utility to screw up....it would seem my new number was "recycled" too soon...and so we get calls for martha...from colleges....from many people who i cannot understand as they are insisting martha is here...in spanish...to which my years of french do not help...i know you will tell me there are block lists, etc...and i have explored many options...which become complicated when so many of martha's ardent admirers are "private callers"... so now i figure, if it's quiet, and not an ungodly hour of the morning or night...maybe i should chat along...discover the power of this martha...after all, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

No comments:

Post a Comment